Data Prepper lets you clean up and prepare your data so you can use it in another application, such as a spreadsheet, database or a website. With it, you can extract columns from files, rearrange the columns, reformat the data, replace the data, and merge multiple files in to one output file.
Data Prepper has two main windows: the Data Prepper window and the Clipboard Data window.
The Data Prepper window is for processing text files for import into spreadsheets or databases. Click a link below to watch videos on how to:
- Skip, trim, or replace text in lines
- Set the number of columns, and trim, replace, and reformat columns
- Rearrange and join columns
- Join lines and input files
- Perform multiple passes on the same input file
- Save line and column operations for use in another job
The Clipboard Data window is useful for cleaning up small amounts of data from websites or text files. It works on data copied into the macOS Clipboard. Click a link below to watch videos on how to:
- Trim and move a column
- Add a column and fill with a sequence
- Delete top line and left column and merge
- Perform operations again
Read more about it on the Mac App Store.
Download a TRIAL.